Our congregation was organized on September 22, 1876 by twenty-seven charter members meeting in the Hickory City Hall. Rev. Dr. A.J. Fox was our first pastor. Since that time 26 pastors and 7 interns have served our congregation. Holy Trinity was initially housed in a small white wooden church in Hickory.
In 1904, the congregation dedicated its first major facility at 3rd Ave. and 4th St. NW.
In 1957 the congregation relocated to our current site at 547 6th St. NW in Hickory. Since that time the facilities have been expanded twice: once in 1969 and again in 1998.
Our facilities now include ministry centers for young children, youth, and music, a multi-purpose fellowship/recreation hall, a 680 seat worship center and 165 seat chapel, outdoor chapel, and meeting space for community groups.
Our congregation is known for its educational and music ministries and for its long history of benevolence support for local, synodical, and church wide ministries. Our weekday ministry for young children began in 1957. We now have a Discovery program for one and two year olds and a Pre-school program for three and four year olds. Our music ministries include six choral groups for ages 3-adults and five handbell choirs for Grades 4 - adults. Our outreach programs and ministries have included refugee resettlement, cooperative community ministries, Habitat for Humanity, Soup Kitchen, family mentoring, disaster relief mission trips, housing for the homeless, and regular mission trips to our companion synod in Costa Rica. We have provided worship and education space for a mulit-racial, non-denominational congregation until they moved to their own church home in 2003. Recently we have placed a greater focus on caring ministries with the establishment of Stephen Ministry and Eucharistic Ministry programs, and a prayer ministry. We have also broadened and strengthened our ministries with children and youth. Increasing our outreach ministries to the unchurched, to those who stand in need and to young adults and men is a current focus of our making Christ known together. We serve together hopefully and thankfully in the name of God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit ready to be called, equipped, and sent into the future which God holds for us.
Copyright © 2022 Holy Trinity Lutheran Church - All Rights Reserved.